Excercise is thought of being the miracle cure. There is a strong corralation between living longer, a healthier life, sleeing better, and be more productive to excercise. The crazy thing it is free and there are no side effects!
How Much Excercise Do You Should Do?
The American College of Sports Medicine recommends 150 minutes of exercise per week, which is about (30 five days a week).
7 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Exercise
- Focus on what you get our of exercise, energy boosts, mood, improved sleep and productivity.
- Pick a workout that you like to do. You will do it more often and it will become easier.
- Make it non-negotiable, think of it as flossing your teeth. Or make it an automatic thing like hearing your alarm. Its not an option to not excercise.
- Instead of meeting a friend for a drink or coffee meet them for yoga, pilates or a light run. Instead of adding more calories, loss the calories!
- Join a team, become compettive. This is a great way to get you motivated. I know that I always feel badly when I leave my team hanging.
- Use a fitness tracker. Setting my goals on my apple waych realy helps me make sure I burn extra calories. I will post about the best fitness watches soon!
- Put money on the line, there are some apps that make your workout if you don’t you pay a certain amount of money. I not as much as a fan for that one. Most gyms make you play a fee if you miss a class. One way to trick myself is to sign up for a class 12-24 hours until it starts that way I have to it is cheaper just to go than miss the class.
- Set a goal, or sign up for a race. Working toward something, this will help you stay moivated. It can be a 5k, or a marathon, or just wanting to decrease your mile time.
Another way to motivate myself is to make a bet with my boyfriend. For example “if whom ever can workout for 6 days straight will pay for dinner this saturday night”.